Sunday, May 19, 2013

What Do I See In The Mirror: Mirror, Mirror By Dokken


Whether it's morning or evening,  I see the same thing every time I face the mirror.  What do I see?  Simply a tired and worn guy who's getting older and still trying to get his act together.  Can't believe that it's been so long and I still can't get it right.  Whenever I get that thought as I face the mirror, the song "Mirror, Mirror" by Dokken comes to mind.

I see a tired and weary face every time  I look at the mirror.  Tired from all the efforts that I put in and weary from stressed when you come up empty.  I guess it's because I can't relax anymore as problems  pile up and the temptation of regretting what could've been haunts my thoughts these days.  The white hairs that start to sprout in hair and beard are starting to multiply are signs that time has passed me by and I have to make do with what's left.  Not a very flattering thing to see.

Still, despite what I see, I still keep going.  The thought that there are still things that I can do and that I'm still here means that there things that are attainable.  I just have to keep hanging in there.  It's not a very pretty sight I every time I look in the mirror but then again it's still what I am and for better or worse I have to accept it.


No comments: