Wednesday, May 8, 2013

If I Were Rich: If I Were I Rich Man From Fiddler On The Roof


I remember back when I was a teenager, I saw the movie version of "Fiddler On The Roof" and one of  my favorite scenes there was when he started singing the song "If I Were A Rich Man".  This scene just came to my head because every time I read the paper, the news claims that the economy is booming but everybody's broke and unemployed.  Sometimes it makes you wonder what you can do if you were rich.  That's the reason why I'm going that song for today's post.

If I had money, I would divide it evenly with my mother and brother's, giving a little bit more to those who have families because I want to help them take care of the kids.  With my share, my first step is to clear all debts then buy car for my mom so she can go places and maybe one for myself.  I'd contribute more  to the expenses around here and the remainder I would probably spend on martial arts lessons as well as anime and save for a rainy day.  Basically that's it that I would do if I had a lot of cash at hand.  I guess I just want all of us to enjoy the wealth.

Sadly, that's wishful thinking and like that main character, I often wonder if it's not my destiny.  Well, I still do what can and save up what I can  prioritizing the things that keep this place going.  Well we all can use a little something and that's what I'm working hard on.  That's the sad reality of it all. Still the things that  I can improve if I had some extra cash or better yet if I was wealthy man.




No comments: