Monday, May 27, 2013

Cool Song But Don't Agree With The Suicide Part: Suicide Is Painless From M.A.S.H. Sound Track



Back in the day when you didn't cable to watch good shows, one my favorite comedy programs was M.A.S..H.  It was adapted from the 70's movie about medics in the Korean War and how they cope with the pressures of war and taking care of the wounded.  A lot of times they poke fun at the higher ups as their way of expressing their resentment about this war. every episode always made me laugh. Apart from the good script where I always find myself laughing at every episode,  I also liked the opening song.  The title was called "Suicide Is Painless".

Why did I remember this song all of a sudden?  Apart from being a good song to listen to. I guess dwelling on my current situation made me remember it again.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not contemplating on the suicide or anything rash.  I am against suicide but to admit I am still frustrated not at what's happened but also because I find myself at another situation where I am placed in a state of uncertainty.  I have to admit it lets the air out of me.

As I said earlier, one thing  I won't do is the suicide part.  If I do that, I'd give in to the pressures and thus have lost.  I don't want someone talking down my grave and saying "You didn't have the guts to keep on going".  Still, right now I really feel down about how things are going.  I just hope that I turn things around while I still can.




No comments: