Saturday, May 4, 2013

Rolling Down The Road And Leaving Everything Behind: Roll Me Away By Bob Seger



A lot of recurring themes in my posts is also about just driving away and leaving it all behind. The reasons for this is too just get away to get some  peace of mind or to find that which I have lost.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are doing that this summer cause there comes a point in our lives that we need to have some time clear the cobwebs out of our minds and a road is one the things that can do that.  Apart from that, a change of scenery would do us good, especially after a having a day.  Another good that I would listen to when and not if I do this would be Bob Seger's "Roll Me Away".

Just listened to this song a few days ago and boy did it make me feel good.    This is one of those songs that inspire to just get on your car or better yet bike, step on the gas and just leave everything behind.  Just go where the open road takes you, mingle with other people and appreciate the sights.  And if you need to take a pause, just gaze at the landscape and inspiration takes a hold of you like a light in the dark (I got that from the part where he saw that young hawk in the sky).  When you feel invigorated or better yet sanctified, that' when you know the trip was worth it.

I know I've been blogging a lot of about wanting to do this sort of thing and I wouldn't be surprised if someone would ask me why haven't I done it yet?  Well right now there are a lot of things that need to be attended to.  I just wanna make sure that I get fix to at least a level where I know I can all behind for a while.  I know problems won't go away but there are some things that really require one's attention and support.  Mark my words though, one day I will do this.  Hopefully, not only will I enjoy myself but also in the process, finds the answers I seek.


No comments: