Tuesday, May 7, 2013

How Fast Time Flies And How Fast Things Change: Already Yesterday By The Church


Sometimes when I go around my old haunts, I am struck by how much things have changed.  What strikes me more is how fast it changes.  It changes so much that I don't recognize the places that I use to hang around as a kid.  Now that I'm getting older, I'm beginning to how it use to be and the realization that it's gone sure makes me feel sad.  The song "Already Yesterday" by The Church sure stirs up the memories of the way things use to be and how fast things change with time.

Life use to be real simple back then as there were fewer but it was still fun because all your friends were there and you knew all the sights.  Even if there wasn't much money, there was always a way to enjoy things.  You knew were to go and you always knew what the "in" places were.  Nowadays when I go there, it's like I'm on a different planet.  Everything I knew is gone or renovated and what use to be a vibrant and in place is now old and deserted.

When you realize that those places are now longer there, you know your time has past. It now belongs to a new generation. The worst part about it is that I can't relate to the changes anymore. I guess that's the reason you tend to stay home more when you get older.  It's incredible how time flies and how things have changed. All you've got left is a memory.






No comments: