Friday, May 17, 2013

It All Hit Us At Once: Everybody Down On Me By Lightnin Hopkins


Just when things couldn't get any worse, they already did.  Last Monday, I received some news that made my knees buckle.  I turned pale and couldn't sleep and the fact that people were light of the situation only annoyed me further.  The next day, what I heard last night confirmed my deepest fears.  The looks on people's faces made it very clear.  The way the news hit all of us very hard reminds of the song "Everybody  Down On Me" by Lightin Hopkins.

Everywhere I looked, the answer was the same.  Nobody had the strength to speak or talk about it.  All you could hear were the would've or could'ves.  Some offered their own explanation on what happened but it did little to ease the pain.  As the clock struck 5:00 pm, we left with our heads hung low as the rain clouds started to form and the smell of water filled the air.  It was if we were shot and our souls left our bodies.  It was a hollow and empty feeling that I have never forgotten and to feel it again really hurts.

Right now, there so many problems that we have been dealing with and now another one has come along which only serves to knock me hard on my chest.  Once again I have to dust up a few sheets and make a few calls.  This is going to be another dark year.  Just when I thought that things were going to get better, they got worse.  It really hit us all very hard.


No comments: