Friday, May 24, 2013

Still Feeling Bad About It: Feelin Bad Blues By Ry Cooder


I remember a scene from the movie "Cross Roads" where Jami Gertz's character leaves Ralph Macchio's character and he tries to chase after her but was too late.  To add to his woes, Joe Seneca's character tells him that there was no missing song by Robert Johnson.  Yet he also tells him that he had talent for the blues and at that point he starts to play his guitar to chase his blues away.  The rain was heavy but the riffs were cool.  If I remember right he played "Feelin Bad Blues" by Ry Cooder from the movie's sound track.

I started listening to this song lately to chase away my own blues.  I have to admit I still bad about what happened last week and the uncertainty that it has created has been hanging heavily on my mind.  The feeling that everything's slipping away and having no control over it can really sink your spirits to a new low.  It reminded of the helpless feeling that I had during those dark  days as well as brings back the fears that those days are here again.  It's a bummer to admit but it sure makes me feel bad.

Right now I'm still weighing my choices and weighing them carefully.  It's kinda hard to that when your heart's  heavy but it has to be done.  I just hope that things work out in the end.  At the moment, I need some respite from all this chaos.  Feeling bad can do that to a person.




No comments: