Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thinking Happy Thoughts: Dream Walking By Lee Ritenour



It's been two weeks since the bomb was dropped and I still have that shock in my system.  This week I had a hard time trying to keep my bum mood in check.  As annoyed as I am, I make it a point not to spread it around cause everyone else  would also feel bad.  Glad it's the weekend and right now I am trying to think happy thoughts to give me some comfort.  One song that I'm listening to just to get some cheer into my soul is Lee Ritenour's "Dream Walking".

I've been going up and down Youtube to find this gem because every time I hear it, it calms me down along with my other 24K tunes.  When I hear this song play, it takes me to a special place where I can be at peace.  Either the beach during the sunset with drink in my hand and fine lady at my side or at some classy joint enjoying fine dining with your dream companion.  As I listen, relaxation starts to set in and even for a moment, a smile appears on my face.  That's how good this song is when you want to relax.

Sadly reality will once again come knocking at my door and I will deal with the cold hard facts regarding the hand that I was dealt with.  Well that's life and there's no escaping the crap it throws at you.  All I can do is consider my options and I hope I chose the right one this time.  Until then I'll just listen to this song and other tunes like it to help me through this storm.  Just brave the situation and think happy thoughts no matter how hard it gets.




No comments: