Monday, May 13, 2013

Questions About Nearing 60 And Up: When I'm 64 By The Beatles


I remember the first time I saw white hair on my beard and in my sideburns.  It was an indication that I was really getting old . The fact that it was now more prominent and multiplying really reminded me that my time is now past.  For a guy who still can't get it right, that sure is depressing. With so much uncertainty, I wonder if I'll ever make it to my sixties and if I do, will I have getting act straightened out by then?  Asking that question reminds me of the song "When I'm 64" by The Beatles.

Those thoughts have been weighing heavily on me lately.  Having had so much disappointments as well having a hard time making ends meet as well as seeing dreams crumble to dust is the reason for it. Apart from that, things just keep getting tougher and tougher. Just when the year started out well, things happen and problems just get dumped on you ruining your outlook.  I'm starting to wonder if I am going to make it my sixty's.

I know this is supposed to be a love song where the couple asks if they will still be together at 64.  For single and stressed out guy, I'm wondering if I'll get stable or at least have peace of mind by then.  So many questions but no clear answers in sight.  Oh well, if I want to make to that age, I guess I better eat right and work hard.  If  I do that, I might reach my seventies or eighties.





No comments: