Tuesday, May 14, 2013

For Some People, It's Something They Can't Do Without: Lucky Charm (Ooh Wee Suzy) By The Stray Cats



Though the Chinese New Year has passed this year, I always remember those charms that vendors would sell to us every time, it comes around.  Stuff those coins that were joined together, some cats and other trinkets.  If I remember right, each is said to provide some sort of luck for its owner for this year.  I guess people whowho sell them must be making some profit cause there some out there who just can't do without because it brings them luck or so they believe.  That thought came into my mind after listening to the song "Lucky Charm (Ooh " Wee Suzy)" by The Stray Cats.

Although some people brush if off as superstition, there are some people who firmly believe in lucky charms,  It can be a piece of clothing or an accessory that they've must've used when they struck it big.  Since then, they carry it with them whenever something important is coming up.  It can even be a person like Suzy in the song who gives them good luck whenever they are with that person.  Athletes wouldn't play without their lucky accessory and businessmen wouldn't go through any deals if there charms aren't with them during a transaction because they wouldn't feel confident or secure without them.

It works for some people and doesn't work for others.  I guess some people are just lucky.  I wish I was that lucky.  Oh well, I guess I just have to keep working on it.  For those whose lucky charms have delivered for them, I bet they'd be buried with it.  They just can't do without it.


No comments: