Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wish I Could Have It All: Best Of Both Worlds By Van Halen



You know it's funny.  It's either you no time and a lot of money or vice versa.  When I was younger there were a lot of things that I wanted to do but didn't have the money for it.  Now that I'm older, I've neither the time nor the dough for the things that I want to do.  Wouldn't it be great if you could have all the time to do what you want to do and have the money to spend for it?  Van Halen's song "Best Of Both Worlds" reminds me of wanting to do a lot of things and having the money for it.

I guess I've been thinking this way because of a lot of responsibilities that take up both my time and money.  Just two years ago, some thing that I wanted to do suddenly got set up around here but I didn't have the cash for it.  Then all of a sudden it closed down and once again I missed out on something that I was interested in.   The worst of it is that more problems are rising out of the woodwork.  That's one way to remind me of what I've lost out on and what I'm stuck with.

To add insult to injury I see at lot of things around me that I want to get into but the time and cash issue once again blocks my path.  I'm not one to blame but sometimes I think life is playing a sick joke on me.  The only thing I can do is give a rueful sigh.  Will I ever feel what it was like again when I could do what I want to and had the time and money for it?  I really don't know. It's been a while since I had that feeling when I can have not only the best of both worlds but to have it all and enjoy it.


No comments: