Saturday, June 2, 2012

Looking Back At My Life As I Grow Older: Old Man By Neil Young



Every time I write a post on this blog, it makes me realize the things that I have and have not done in my life.  It also makes me realize that I missed out on a lot of things and teaches me what happens when time is starting to catch up with you.  Before you know it, you find yourself on the porch on a chair staring blankly as the world passes you by. When your time has passed, you get that tired look in your eye as you wait for your time to pass.  When I see my life passing before my eyes and wondering if it was worth, the song "Old Man" by Neil Young comes to mind.

One reason why I chose this song was because I remember dreaming that I saw my late grandfather and I was so happy I embraced and he was smiling.  I guess it's because compared to me, he had a full life.  He's been around the world and tried everything that a man would want to try during his lifetime.  That's why I guess it was hard to him during final year where I took care of him as best as I could cause that liveliness was gone.  Still, when he died, he led a full life and not many people have been blessed to do all that they and be what they want to be in their lifetime.

Compared to him, I still have a long way to go and time is either catching up with or worse is now passing me by.  The fact that I see white strands on my hair and beard is proof of this and yet  I feel so lost and unfulfilled.  Well, the sun hasn't set on me yet so I guess there's still time do the things I missed out on.  I know the time will come when I'll another old man.  I just that I will accept what my life has become when that time comes.



No comments: