Saturday, June 30, 2012

Helps Take Me Away From All This Ugliness: Into The Mystic By Van Morrison

 


As I've always mentioned in several of my blog post, a good 24K song keeps the doctor away.  Just a few minutes of listening to one of these gems helps ease my troubles which tends to haunt me day and night.  I tend to listen to them more often because things sure are getting chaotic around me. With my money all spent and nowhere to go, it also serve as my only escape when things are a little rough.  One such song that helps me escape my troubles is Van Morrison's "Into The Mystic"

Why is it that when I pray for peace, all I get is chaos?  Right now I am listening to this song as I blog about what I am feeling and I'm not feeling very good.  As it plays, I try to imagine myself in another place where there is no problems and the sun is shinning yet the breeze is cool.  I see under a tree while watching the children playing without worrying about anything.  Best of all I feel at peace as if some demon has been exorcised and banished and the land is at peace once again.



Why can't I always feel this way?  It's been a long time since I felt that laid back feeling you have not a care in the world.  These days, there's no escaping the crap that life throws at you and the only thing that you can do is deal with it as bests as you can.  Well as long as I can listen to good songs like this, I can still cope.  It helps take me away from all this ugliness even if it is only for the moment and that is good enough.

No comments: