Sunday, July 1, 2012

When It Was Fun To Listen To The Radio Every Night: Bedside Radio By Krokus


I remember when my father would play golf, he'd sometimes bring some prizes that he would win from raffles  that was part of the tournaments that he participated from.  One of those prizes was a radio and cassette player that he gave me.  I had a blast with that radio because after school, i would turn it on and listen to my favorite songs that are now my 24K collections. It wasn't high-tech by today's standards but it had good frequency and that was all that mattered.  Remembering how I enjoyed listening to that radio reminded me of the song Bedside Radio" by Krokus.


Back in the day, I didn't need to buy cassettes to listen to good music.  It was because good music was all around me.  All I needed to do was turn the radio and sit back and relax as good tunes filled the air.  When there was no gimmick or party going on, we just rock to the tunes that the disc jockey's would play on the radio.  Man, it was simple but satisfying.


These days when it comes to listening to music there's a sleuth of gadgets out there to listen to.  From mp3 and mp4 players to Ipods and even cellphones are capable of accessing the radio or storing the songs you want to listen to.  Sadly though, the sounds are now alien to me and I just can't relate to it anymore.  That's why the program I listen to is 24K weekend.  It takes me back to the days when the bedside radio was enough to keep you tuned to good music. 



No comments: