Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This Song Gets The Adrenaline Pumping: Chinese Fire Drill By KittyHawk




One good thing about a 24K song is that it gives me a natural high that jolts me out of my slumber of laziness.  If there's no coffee in the house, I play a song and I'm ready to go.  With a lot of pressure that can be daunting sometimes, these songs also help me get motivated to face whatever the day brings me. One song that gives me a good jolt is KittyHawk's "Chinese Fire Drill".

This is one of those really rare songs that I listened to when I was a kid. It starts off very slow, then it thee is a burst of energy that takes you by surprise.  It's more like an electric shock that courses through your body and pops your eyes open.  After the song is through, you feel like you're pumped and full of energy.  With a lot of things to do, getting energized is one thing I need to start  the day right.

Most of the time, I get this kind of kick from rock and heavy metal songs.  I never expected this from a jazz band.  This is one of my all time favorite songs because of that.  I never get enough of it.  It gets my adrenaline pumping every time.


No comments: