Tuesday, June 12, 2012

For Those Who Miss Their Fathers: Ships By Barry Manilow




When it's May, we celebrate Mother's Day to show our appreciation to our mothers.  Now it's June and this time we celebrate Father's Day to honor our dads.  For me, Father's Day is now bittersweet because he isn't here anymore.  Since he passed away, he miss him a lot.  When I miss him, the song "Ships" by Barry Manilow comes to mind.

What was should  be a joyous occasion  is now one of sorrow because every time this day comes out, I remember the times that we had.  Sometimes you've been with your dad for so long that you would think he'll be there forever.  Alas, an accident took him away from us and that was blackest day of my life.  There are days when I still can't believe he's gone.  I really miss him a lot and I still wish he was here.

It's been two years now and a lot has happened.  We still get by but not a day goes by that I wish he was still with us.  When I see kids with there dads, I feel good and jealous at the same time.  I do so hope he's having a good time up there with my nanny and grandfather.  God bless you dad!




No comments: