Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Another Song I Listen To When I Feel Numb And Low Even When There's So Much Activity Out There: Drive By R.E.M.



I'm still feeling low from the recent developments that have happened at the end of this summer.  I thought that finally things are starting to come together only to see another crisis crashing down on our heads. This has been bothering me so much that I can't think of anything else.  It's getting to the point that I'm oblivious to  everything around me.  I just feel both low and numb right now.  Another song that I listen to when I feel this way is R.E.M.'s "Drive".

For a song whose lyrics is about partying and rocking, it's ironically slow.  Right now that bests describes me when something's troubling me.  When something's on my mind, it really puts a lot of lead in me.  I try hard to put a brave face and be calm but deep inside I'm very rattled.  That how troubling this situation is.



People tell me to not to mind and just go on with what I'm doing.  I know they're right but this cuts deep and it gives me no peace day or night.  Well I try meet the demands of the day as best as I can.  Still when I'm alone I can think of nothing else.  I play this song to calm myself  as I end the day.  Still, that numb and low feeling still haunts me in the night.







No comments: