Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rude Awakening: Wake Up Little Suzie By Simon And Garfunkel


Ever had one of those situations where you finally feel comfortable that falling a sleep is a snap.  Your mind starts to drift and you find yourself in a great place with people you want to be with.  It feels so real and so good that you think that your in Heaven. Then all of a sudden, it disappears and you look at the clock to find that if you don't get out of bed, you're going to be late.  Having a good dream only to wake and rush to work reminds me of the song "Wake Up Little Suzie" by Simon and Garfunkel.

Either I stay up late too often or I'm just stressed out that I really drift to sleep when I close my eyes.  One thing's for sure, when you start having a good dream, it's so good you get the feeling that you're finally in a place where nothing else matters.  Unfortunately, reality has a way of ripping you out of that world.  Many times, I had to jump out of bed and into the showers then dress up while barely drying myself".  My only consolation is making to the office before the clock strikes eight.

Well, when reality calls, you better come running.  Times like that, I really feel miffed cause there are few times that I feel good and having dreams like that is one of them.  Sigh, this is another reminder that what you got can sure be a downer.  Oh well, that's life I guess.  Just when things are going good, reality gives you a rude awakening.




No comments: