Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Really Bad Night: One Lonely Night By Reo Speedwagon


Ever had one of those days when badluck hits like a ten ton truck at the speed of sound? Or worse yet, a bad night when you leave the work place feeling like your heart's been ripped out of your chest and fed to a pack of pitbulls? It's one of the worst experiences that a person can go through. I sure had and it still haunts me to this day. I felt so messed up that I barely made it home and I was still so upset that I literally slept the whole day. When I hear Reo Speedwagon's "One Lonely Night", that memory literally floods my mind.

It happened during one of my "bad seasons" and you can that it was a prelude to the dark days where I went through the "Nebuchadnezzar Syndrome" again. All I can say is that at the time I had tried to what was asked of me and I fell short and sparks started to fly. I went home really late at an hour where it could be dangerous to walk the streets. I didn't care and along the way, I picked up a bottle of whiskey and a shot glass which I almost finished as I tried to block out that terrible moment. Little did I know that it was the first step to another bad time which I'm still trying to recover to this day.

You know I'm mature enough to know that life has both bad times and good times, but sometimes there's too much of the bad and too little of the good. This last bad phase was one of the worst that I ever went through. Right now I'm just glad that I weathered the storm which I thought would never end. At present, I'm trying to be very careful making decisions that will affect the course of my life. As I've said before, just because I've made it out of Hell, doesn't mean I want to go back there and I hope I never go through a night or even a day like that again.

No comments: