Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just A Little Time For Myself: A Couple Of Days Off By Huey Lewis And The News



Yesterday, I wrote about beig stuck with a lot of loud mouth people and no matter where I turn, I'm always caught right smack in the middle. To say that I'm getting stressed out from this situation is again an understatement. Just coming home today from the rain, I get reminded that I live in Loud Mouthville where something's bound to raise your stress levels. It's getting to the point where I wonder if I'll ever have some quiet time for myself. I guess this is what Huey Lewis And The News meant in their hit song "A Couple Of Days Off".

The revolves around the singers hectic schedule where he needs to do a lot of things with little time to get it done. Though he likes what he's doing and the pay is good, just like every other guy, he also feels the eventual fatigue from all that running around. Like everyone who gets tired from so much work, he needs some day off to recharge and enjoy a little, especially after working so hard. Lately, I know how he feels because I need a break myself. With the way things are, I wonder if I'll ever get a day without the stress which is already rare.


I'll reiterate that I don't mind helping the people here, though sometimes they can ask too much from you that it's starting to take it's toll. The worst part about it is that you have to to lose your temper for them to get the hint that you're spent. I remenber reading a survey in Phiippine Star about Filipinos getting overworked. Given the fact that times are hard, you need to have sidelines and you're lucky if you get a day off, that sure is true.

No comments: