Saturday, September 27, 2008

Heavy Metal Fantasy: Mystery Ronnie James Dio


Starting today, I'll be putting one metal song or a really good rock song in my blog entry once a week. Heavy rock music played a large part in life when I was growing up, especially when booze and the "green" came into play. Whether when I was working out or hanging out with the guys, there was always a metal song playing in the room or in the car when something was going down. The metal craze really hit it's peak for me when I was in college where a lot of my friends who listened to it had black leather jackets, cowboy boots, long hair, tie-dye shirts and devil jewelry. First song that I'm putting in my blog in that I listened a lot to back in college is "Mystery" by Ronnie James Dio.

The first thing that comes to mind when listening to these kinds of songs is dragons and sorcerers. A lot of my female classmates weren't into this kind of music and were really annoyed when my friends would play it with the volume full blast. When I saw the video of thing song, I wasn't surprised that it came out the way it did and at that time a metal video in this country was always rare. Video or no video, it's still one of my favorite metal songs. Every time I hear it, it makes me stop whatever I'm doing and listen.

Today, I really feel like I'm old whenever the subject of music is brought up. I can no longer make a connection with today's music that I don't know what new bands are popular anymore. Well, I leave that to the present generation. As for me, I'll stick to my oldies and always goodies which will include metal songs. Though they were not played on RT, it's apart of me and it's good for the imagination and gives a good pump of adrenaline to boot which is why I'll be adding them to my blog.

No comments: