Monday, September 22, 2008

Tobacco And Alcohol Blues: Last Cigarette By Dramarama



This morning I had to attend a seminar on promoting healthy lifestyles and effects of cigarette and cigarette smoke on an individual. Hearing about the ill effects of cigarettes and the need to take better care of your heart once again reminded me of how old I'm getting and how I'm starting to feel the physical slowdown that goes along with it. Although I'm no cigarette man, I go for a good cigar every now and then with a cool beer or some good whiskey. Although I'm not the cigar smoking-booze guzzling glutton that I use to be, there are times when I long to enjoy both, especially when I need to chill out after a very BAD day. With that in mind, I feel like listening to Dramarama's song "Last Cigarette".

Man when I was young, I smoked and drank like there was no tomorrow. When I lit and popped, I wouldn't stop till I'd hurled. As much as I try to be careful with my health, I still would like to smoke a good one, although there's no good place to do so. With all the tension, that I'm feeling right now, I'm begining to see why I lot of people smoke, drink or do both at once. Given a good place to do so, you get a chance to get yourself together and have some time to think when something needs to be solved and quick.

Nowadays, I have to have a very good reason to light up or gulp down. Good times or bad, there are times when a little vice can do more than medication can. The bad part is that prices are going up and having no place to enjoy or people to enjoy with can sure cut smoking and drinking from one's budget. Add to that the demands of family have cut rather than fuel the need for both. I hope that someday I can light and popped the way I use to: Smoking and drinking with good music and good people around me.

No comments: