Saturday, September 6, 2008

Another Song For Gov. Palin: Hit Me With Your Best Shot By Pat Benatar



My last entry was all about the nomition of Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as Vice-President of the Republican Party for the 2008 Presidential Election. With the campaign on a full roll, it's going to be an intense and difficult for both candidates to plead their case to voters as to why they should be chosen to be their country's next leaders. As the election time draws near, their will be alot of mud-slinging and character bashing by supporters of both candidates which will be very ugly indeed. Though I what I know about Governor Palin is limited to what I read and watch on the news, I can see that she's a very tough, yet down-to-earth woman without Hillary Clinton's arrogant flare. Another song that could best describe her efforts on the campaign trail would be "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar.

Though the song talks about a tough girl who won't have her heart toyed by some seducer, you can also say that this is another good song for her because she's tough and she showed at the R.N.C. Yet, she still has that down-to-earth and hometown town girl character trait that appeals to a lot to the average American. Still, both she and McCain still have their work cut out for them, especially with issues like the economy and other issues that Democrats have the advantage in. Whatever, her plans are, I wish both her and Senator McCain well and that they win the election this November.

As I end this entry, I would like to make it clear that although I've taken their side, I wish their opponents good luck as well( with no malice). I hope both sides remember their vow not to drag personal issues such as family. I understand that both are determined to win, but please play fair. As for the supporters, although you've made your choice, please respect the ideals and beliefs of the other side. There's too much calling as it is already. And if anybody stumbles upon these two entries, please refrain from posting vulgar remarks because although we have the right to choice and support a candidate, that doesn't mean we throw away respect in the process.

No comments: