Friday, September 26, 2008

Why Am I Here?: Alive By Pearl Jam


These past few days, I have been very reflective about a lot of things that have happened to me. Sometimes I wonder if some of the things I did was worth it or not? It's true that I haven't accomplished much lately and there are a lot of things that need to be addressed around here, but atleast I'm still to do it. Despite the fact that I've had a lot of dissappointments, I don't take for granted the fact that I'm still here which means that I still the chance to do something. That's the reason why the song "Alive" by Pearl Jam is my favorite grunge song of all time.

When the alternative music scene first appeared in the early 90's, gone were all the spandex, synthesizers and shallow songs of the past decade as music went back to basics with a very mean beat. The first time I listened to this song was during my last semester in college and as I prepared for my graduation, a flood of questions filled my head as to what have I learned and am I ready for the real world? It takes me back to my exit interview where I finally poured everything that I felt about what I've experienced and my feelings towards graduation. It seemed that I had a lot of questions and I felt like I a had a few pieces missing and those pieces were the things that I didn't accomplish as a student which left gaps in me that still exist today. Those missing pieces and questions, coupled with the failed ambitions knocked me up quite alot and lately I find myself always going back to the drawing board.

As you have read, after college and at the crossroads of my life, I'm still trying to get together. Too many failures and too little successes with a lot of hurt is how I describe things so far. Be that as it may, I have survived and I'm still here. If that's the case, I guess there's still hope to jumpstart things and I better get to it because time is gold and you never know when it runs out on you. In closing, I remember what Lord Toranaga said to John Blackthorn: "If you're alive, then act alive!"




Pearl Jam - Alive
Vezi mai multe video din Muzica »

No comments: