Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Blog Song: Everyday I Write The Book By Elvis Costello




With so little options left to ease my weary soul, blogging has become one of the few things that helps put me at ease during these tough and hectic times. Apart from that, it helps me keep track of the things that I hold dear as well as the vows that I either forget or have trouble keeping. I know I expose myself with every entry that I make, but so far, so good. Unlike a diary, atleast I can edit my entries if I find any errors. I that's why whever I hear the song "Everyday I Write The Book" by Elvis Costello these days, I would probably call it the blogger's song".

Though the song talks about a person's day-to-day experiences at love, the reason why I call this "the blogger song" is because of the simple reason that I blog everyday. It helps sharpens my writing skills and helps put my thoughts in perspective. It took me a while finally go into this field of writing because I want to really commit myself to it. Another reason is since I'm a very introverted individual who sometimes fumbles at speech, I thought it would be good for people to know me since most of the time, I have been misunderstood.

Since I have started, I never failed to put an entry in my blog everyday. Especially since there are a lot of things in my mind which weigh heavy on me day by day. I find this to be therapeutical because it takes the stress away from the bad developments of the day. I'm not saying I'm now a master writer because of blogging and I still have a lot to learn. Still, it has done me a lot of good which why everyday I write an entry on my blog.

No comments: