Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hard Times All Around: Another Day In Paradise By Phil Collins




Just when you thought things couldn't get any bad, they get worse. Everytime I pick up the paper or turn n the television, all I can see is how the financial markets are plummeting due to the big fall of Wallstreet. There's no escaping it as it's impact is felt in every corner of the world. You know it's sad enough when you're on your way to work or going home and see all these homeless street wanderers on the side of the road, you can't help but wonder if there'll be more people who'll wind up this way. It's a grim reminder of how hard life's getting and I wonder if this is just the start. Whenever I see the effects of hardtimes all around me, I think of the song "Another Day In Paradise" by Phil Collins.

The song reminds of the day to day images of life that remind me of the casualties of hardships. Whether it's grease and soot-covered man wandering aimlessly with nothing but dirty rags or a group of children approaching you for some change, it's a grim reminder of what happens when things start crumbling down and when there's no one there to catch you when you fall. Things were hard enough as it is before the financial meltdown. I never thought they can get that worse that quick and I feel that we've been caught with our wallets out of our pants.

Right now a lot of things are once again crowding my mind with this new dilemna. I'm having a hard time trying to keep my head above water and the same probably goes for members of my family as well as everyone else. Right now the only thing I take comfort in is my family. After loosing my grandfather and my nanny eight years ago, I don't want to take anyone for granted anymore. Well I guess it's either figure a way to maintain the budget or ride out the storm. Until then, I guess it's just another day in paradise.

No comments: