Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Don't Be Afraid Of Change: Roll With The Changes By Reo Speedwagon



I have to admit I'm a very structured guy. Once I get something established, whether it be a routine or a structure, it's hard for me to make adjustments when someone throws a wrench in the machine. It really annoys me when that happens because these days it's so hard to finally put things in order only to have sudden developments turn your world upside down. Be that as it may, I remember what my brother told me when I ask him for advice and he said not to worry and roll with the waves which I keep in mind especially now that change is once again upon me. With that in mind, I feel like listening to Reo Speedwagon's song "Roll With The Changes".

The opening of the song always startles me when I hear it, but then I eventually ease myself up and enjoy the song. It's a really cool song that really gives great advice when things are happpening so fast. It reminds of what I read in the military book "Soul Of Battle" by Victor Davis Hanson regarding Patton's approach to mapping out a strategy after considering all the factors involved. At the end of reading that book, one of the best lessons I learned about the man is to make the plan fit the situation which shows how flexible he was. I guess that's the reason why the he was great strategist, though unfortunately, he's more remembered as war-monger and a bigmouth.

I know it's easier said than done because I'm very adamant and when I want something done, I want it done the way I envision it. With opportunities getting scarce and hard times getting harder, I realize I need to be a bit more flexible and must adapt to the situation inorder to make things work. I just hope that what I'm working on will bear fruit but if there are going to be a few bumps along the way, I'll keep this song and that book's lessons in mind. I know it's annoying but once things clear up, do something to fix the problem rather keep on ranting. Until I'll go with the changes till things change in my favor.

No comments: