Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Election Song: Election Day By Arcadia


November marks a historic event in U.S. history as Americans vote for their candidates for the next President. Though Barack Obama enjoys a strong lead in the polls, John McCain has not thrown the towel and is determined to continue the fight to the end. This is the most watch Presidential Campaign in U.S. history because it's results could affect not only the fate of the U.S., but also the world as well. The campaign period drawing to a close and elections just around the corner, it's going to be a nail-biter for sure. Right now I've got Arcadia's "Election Day" playing in my head from following these developments.

For me, the song speaks of what people, particularly the decadent want to see have come out wants the winning candidates gets proclaimed. Othertimes, I thinks it's about what a winning candidate wants to have after he wins. One thing for sure, for those who threw their support behind their candidates, they're the ones who have a lot at stake as they really dug deep to ensure their boy's victory. The video though sure has a lot of disturbing images about wealth, decadence scheming and even demonic images. I guess they're metaphors for all the going-ons behind the scenes of the campaign.

As I have blogged before, I support John McCain which is why my brother's call me a "Neo Con". If Obama wins though, well I guess congratulations are in order. To both candidates, I wish them well in this tight race for the White House. Just remember do it for your country and people firs and foremost. When it's over, shake hands and walk away with heads held high.

No comments: