Thursday, October 23, 2008

Another Feel Good Song: You're The First, My Last, My Everything By Barry White



I remember during the glory days of 24K when they played almost any kind of music so long as it was hit. They went far as the 70's and even the 60's. There was a time when they had a segment devoted to soul and even disco songs. One of the tunes which caught my ear came from the Great Barry White. The song of course, was "You're The First, My Last, My Everything".

It's impossible not to get caught up with this great song. It's one of the best songs that came out of the 70's and one of my favorite "feel good" songs. Whenever I hear it, I just one to stop what I'm doing and listen to it which is the effect of any of my 24K songs. Another great song that I can listen to again and again, especially after a hard day's work. It really brings a smile on my face.

This song enjoyed new life thanks to the series "Ally McBeal" which was the signature song of Peter McNichol's character. I especially liked the part where on his birthday, Barry White came on stage and sang this song. When I heard about his death, it really got me down because we've lost another great singer. RIP Barry and thanks for the great music.

No comments: