Friday, October 17, 2008

A Pretty LadyOf Salvation: Angel By Aerosmith


I was surprised to see Aerosmith back in track when I was in college. Thanks to a remake of his song "Walk This Way" with RUN DMC, he has been able to shake the habit and has been producing a lot of hit songs and albums as well as making a lot of tours which was cool because he had a lot of talent and it would be a shame for it to go to waste. I liked a lot of songs from their 1988 album "Permanent Vacation" which was one of my favorite albums at the time. I still listen to many of the songs in this album to this day. If I were to choose,my best song from this album would probably be "Angel".

I liked this song because it was heavy and at the same time haunting. I guess that's we feel when we have a longing for someone. This feels close to home when I said that loneliness took him for a ride. Hell, we've all been taken for a lonely ride at one time or another. You feel incomplete and helpless and the worst part about it is the only cure for it is to condition yourself to move on.

It would be great though if by some luck, that person comes back to us because everything would be alright again. In my case, I just move on, though sometimes a part of me would have liked a fairytale ending. Even if I never had such an ending, who knows maybe it will be possible in the future. Though I'm not much of a romantic and prefer to stay single, it's one of my cool picks back in college. And in closing, the demonic jewelry still went well with the 30's trench coat and suit.

No comments: