Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Drunk On Full Moon: Dancing In The Moonlight By Thin Lizzy



I don't know if it's the stress or the boredom, but I'm begining to miss those weekend drinking binges when we were teenagers. During those times, we'd shell out some dough for a case of beer or or couple of bottles of rum and coke. We'd break out some of the tables and chairs in the basketball court after the dinner and let the festivities begin. Like I wrote on my past entries, for what would suppose to be two nights could turn into an eternity of non-stop drinking. The best part was when air was filled with the laughter of me, my brothers and some guest or even our drivers and houseboys who joined in. Whenever I hear Thin Lizzy's "Dancing In The Moonlight" those days just come alive again in my head.

Man, I never realized how much fun the five of us had during those wild and crazy times. People passing stuff around and bottles getting opened and ice was being cracked and even though there were people huddled together, it stopped things from going crazy. Whenever guest came, things got a little rowdy, but never out of control. Pretty soon people where getting very stewed as they started like the title song suggest dancing in the moonlight. The fact that some good tunes, many of which are now 24K classics were played during those occassions made it all the more memorable.

It's been a while since we've done crazy stunts like that. Family and work demands are now the top priority. To add to that, economic constraints also made such gimicks a thing of the past. I guess this is what they mean when the party's over. I hope that's not the case cause it was more than just drinks and crazy stunts, but also the bond that the five of us shared whenever we had this kind of gimicks and that's something I hope is still intact because more than the booze, I value the bond we have now more than ever. Hopefully a day will come when we'd gather again with a lot of booze and laughter as we danced in the moonlight.

No comments: