Friday, October 17, 2008

One Hit Wonder Song About Who Really Loves You: Sweetheart By Frankie & The Knockouts


The thing I like about period between the late 70's and early eighties, there were a lot of really cool songs that came out that satisfied everyone's musical taste even if if at times people have different preferences. RT was one of the few radio stations that was able to accomplish this. Whether they were one-hit wonders or enduring legends, RT had a knack of playing songs that would catch anyone's ear. And it was 24K that preversed these great tunes which no other radio station has in their golden hits programs. One of my favorite one-hit wonder songs was from Frankie & The Knockouts called "Sweetheart".

Though it's a romantic song, the reason why I like this song is because of the part where they mention of taking the good with the bad and being in there before. As I've mentioned in the past, I've had my share of taking the good and the bad as well as going through tough times in the past. I sure would wish that there was someone there who'd tell me that things were going to be all right. I couldn't make the connection between the video and the song because I can't understand what boxing has to do with a love song. Still, it's one good song.

In every generation, there will always be some bands who only came up with just one hit song or album. What's important is that these songs or albums gave us some sense of satisfaction or calm. That's the reason why I always listen to RT because they make sure that these one hit wonders will always be remembered and more importantly, so will their music. My suggestion for the present and future generations is that preserve the good music that you hear in the radio. You will never know when you'll hear them again.

No comments: