Sunday, October 5, 2008

Best Song To Bust Heads: Shake A Leg By AC/DC

http://home.att.net/~chuckayoub/ac_dc/ac_dc_lyrics.jpg

At first I didn't know to approach today's entry, but thanks to a certain development that left me angry as hell, I think I won't have any problems because a certain adrelin rush or a flare of temper is all I need to get it done. You know what I miss most about practicing martial arts is the fact that when it's time for sparring, it's the best time to really let loose with all the energy and strike hard and fast as the session begins. Once the instructors give the signal to begin by shouting, punches,kicks,sweeps and throws come into play as you do your best to beat your sparring partner. Sparring is the high point in training where you not only test your skills but also bring out all your energy to win the match. For me, best song to start the session is AC/DC's "Shake A Leg".

First time I heard this song, I knew it was a song for fighters. The start of the song makes me think of the preparations for the sparring session and as it goes into full swing, so does the sparring as shouts and thuds of strikes, sweeps and throws fill the dojo. All the while the adrelin pumping throughout your body as you spar with one person after another. Whether you win or loose, when the fight is over all that negative energy dissipates from your system and you really good. I'm not surprised that Mix Martial Arts fighters like Randy Couture and Rich Franklin use AC/DC songs to enter the octagon to get themselves pumped up.

Right now I've cooled off a bit after that annoying incident, but I also have to admit the fact that I couldn't blow off some steam through sparring and working out on martial arts techniques really has me feeling melancholic. Atleast back then, there was an outlet for getting negative vibes out of my system. Now all I have left is a room with faded orange colored walls which drive me crazy when I look at it. Man I hope something good turns up soon because this situation really sucks. I hope that when I get things in order and I do mean WHEN not IF, I will resume my martial arts training and get this negative energy out of my system.

No comments: