Sunday, October 19, 2008

High Blood Pressure/Tense All The Time: Paranoid By Black Sabbath


I knew that one day I was going to be responsible for a lot of things around here which is fine because it's part of life and there's no going around it. The only problem is that I didn't prepare myself properly for this and because of that, there are times when I feel overwhelmed by the things that come my way. I know that life is hard but being told about it and suddenly dealing with it's realities is really too different things. One bad effect of handling all these things at once is that it takes it's toll on a person physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Whenever the pressure builds up, I begin hearing Black Sabath's "Paranoid" playing in my head.

I remember the good old days when this song was played in my family's old garage where my friends' band jammed this song and alot of other metal and blues classic as we dranked and laughed the whole afternoon and even during the evenings. Nowadays, whenever a bad situation arises, this song just goes off inside my head like a bad alarm clock at full volume. It's like being stuck with an electric cattle prod up your butt while you're a sleep and if that's not a rude awakening, I don't know what is. These days if it isn't one bad news, it's another and emotionally, that's like having stress cut at you like a butcher slicing a pieces of beef from slaughtered cow. The worst part about it is just when you finally resolve one issue, another suddenly comes out of nowhere and clobbers you senseless, but then again life is full of surprises and lot of them aren't funny.

They say reality bites and alot of times, that bite can be very painful. You can run, but you cannot hide from it and just when you think you're safe, here it comes and you find yourself on the floor with looking very stupid. So right now I'm doing what I can to face up to this because in the end that's what you have to do. Although I get clonked alot, I'll be damned if I let this beat me. As for those problems that didn't get resolved, well I guess just do better next time. Life maybe hard and sometimes, crazy but I've went through so much just to curl up and wither, so I soldier on and hopefully things would ease and the goods will be here again.


No comments: