Thursday, October 16, 2008

That Feeling Of Bliss: All I Want By Toad The Wet Sprocket



Man, all I can say that today was one of those days were you are not only tired, but also pissed off set off by a string of bad developments in a chain reaction. It's times like this that I want to just disappear and find a place to chill and let all the bad energy out. I'll have to admit, once I find that place and feel at ease, I want to just to stay there and forever be in that state of bliss. I guess it takes away all the frustrations of the day and makes you so good that you couldn't ask for anything more. That's the feeling I get when I hear Toad The Wet Sprocket's "All I Want'.

This is one of my favorite 90's song from one of my favorite 90's band. Everytime I hear this song no matter how faint, I want to just drop whatever I'm doing and just enjoy the song. It's the type of song that washes away all the bad taste of the day when things really bear down on you. When you feel that sense of bliss, nothing else matters because you're already in heaven. When you're in that state, you really wouldn't wish for anything else.

Despite that, reality always comes calling and we have no choice but to answer the call. When that happens, it's back to the grind as we face the day's challenges head on. But, no matter how hard it gets, when the day is over and we hear tunes like this, everything is all right again. I guess this is the reason I never get tired of this song whenever I hear it. It's Prozac for the soul.

No comments: