Thursday, October 9, 2008

Don't Take Anyone For Granted: Who Will You Run To By Heart


I remember a guy I once knew who had a very good friend who was willing to do anything and I mean anything to help him. If he was broke, that person gave him some cash or if he needed referrals that person provide him some. Yet when that person would as him a small favor which was can be so easily accomplished, he always avoided doing so and even preferred to be with people who never helped him rather than go with that person. Then one day that person disappeared and eventually he realized what hed lost because no one went the extra mile for him and that person did so whole-heartedly without asking for anything in return. Whenever I remember that story, I remember the song "Who Will You Run To" by Heart.

The song talks about a person who's about ditch his or her partner for someone else with even thinking of what might what next. These people don't even know that what they're going for is just a temporary thrill and when they realize it, it's too late. They don't know how valuable these people are until they are no longer there and they find themselves alone. These days when I watch television and I see these kinds of characters get taken care of a warm or caring person only to ditch them for some sassy broad or stud who is unfortunately, the main character, you'd rather watch the news instead. I guess that's the reason why Cheaters is one of my favorite reality shows.

When people go the extra mile for you, don't treat them like dirt. People like these are a rare find. This is especially true now that things are so cutthroat. Anyone who does this to their spouce, best friend or families who supported them is full crap in my book. In the end, never take anybody for granted, especially when they help you because they want to. Just like in my entry of the Kink's "Catch Me When I'm Falling": Don't Do Any Favors, Don't Ask For Any.

No comments: