Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another Good Adrenalin Rush /Fight Song: Born To Raise Hell By Motorhead



It's been a while since I was able to practice martial arts and I'll tell you I miss it like hell. The part I miss the most is sparing when your sensei calls you all together and divides you into two lines and gives the signal to begin. Techniques start flying as shouts and thuds of blows fill the air. Time stands still as you pound your opponent until your master yells "Stop" only to change partners and the cycle repeats itself. You go home all banged up, yet feeling good as you learn something spiritually and test yourself physically. As always, there's nothing like a good metal song to pump up the energy and one good song that I would listen to psyche up is "Born To Raise Hell" by Motorhead.

What I like about the song is that there's no theatrics about it. Like AC/DC, it's very direct and has no theatric element to it. It literally hammers it's point straight home. When you're in a match, that's exactly what you want: That feeling of being able to blast through your opponent and not having to restrained by anything. It's the part when fear no longer grips you as you get into the heat of the moment is when you know that your in a good fight. When it's over, win or lose, you feel really good about giving your all in the fight which for me at the time is the best way to end the week.

As I have blogged recently, financial and family issues have prevented me from resuming my martial arts training which really had me down. Too many things need to be done that I have my hands tied at the moment. Hopefully, if what I'm working on bears fruit, then I'll be able to go back to training. Even if it's been a long time, I still want to resume my work. When that day comes, I'll be fully geared and fully psyched and let loose with everything I've got.

No comments: