Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Between A Rock And A Hard Place: Stuck In The Middle With You By Stealers Wheel


I guessed I feel a little bit better from yesterday's depressing mood regarding my embarrasing behavior. Lately, I try not to do anything stupid, but sometimes too much stress and exhaustion has me snapping at people when they make me do something from out of the blue. Be that as it may, I try not to act to proud, let alone arrogant for fear that I might get divine punishment. I also don't want to be put in a situation where I find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place. Reflecting on that situation makes me remember the song "Stuck In The Middle With You" by Stealers Wheel.

The reason why I've been thinking about this song is that I often find myself in a dead end or worse oblivion. It's like choosing to be chained to a slave barge or jump to the shark-infested sea. Apart from that, I remember when I stumbled, I found myself eithering being berated for my mistakes or forced do things that I don't like and though I they mean well, sometimes these people remind me of the clowns and jokers mention in the song. One for sure, they are not funny. It's something I donot want to go through again.

As for betraying my beatles entry, yesterday was Mother Mary's birthday and my moym wanted to go and unfortunately she asked me to take her and I was very cranky that she decided to go with our neighbor instead. I felt very bad after that because I wrote praises for Mother Mary, yet I wouldn't take my mother to church to celebrate Mother Mary's birthday. I guess the physical and mental fatigue got to me. As I close this entry, I'm fortunate to find this video which featured the band performing this song. It was either that or the Reservoir Dog clips which I think are too violent.

No comments: