Monday, September 1, 2008

When It's Time, Move On: Goodbye Is Forever By Arcadia



One lesson that I need to learn is "Don't Burn Bridges" because I have a bad habit of doing just that. I was reminded of that lesson by a friend when she gave me advice on finding better opporutnities. Being a loner at heart, I always feel that when the time has come for something to end, let it end and in the process, the bridge gets burned. For me, once it's over, it's over and that's that. When that thought comes to mind, I feel like listening to Arcadia's song, "Goodbye Is Forever".

When I hear this song and see the video, I remember the feelings I had during the last few months of college when the number of my batchmates started to get ready for graduation. When I saw they were preparing to graduate for that term, I knew it time was to move on as well. The weird ride that the two singers went on can be compared to the wild and crazy times of your childhood to your adolescence and late teens. In the last part as they get off the crazy ride and walk into the sunset, it's like a chapter has ended and they move on to something new. I guess that's how I felt when I started making preparations to finish my subjects so I can take my turn to walk the stage and get my diploma so I can move on.

So what does all that have to do with not burning bridges? If I were a practical man, I guess I would call on my classmates for some help especially now that things are not so stable. Be that as it may, when it's over, it's over and I need resolve these issues on my own. I don't even know where most of them are right now, but I hope they're all doing well. All I know is that chapter in my life is closed, but if opportunity, luck or heaven would permit, maybe, just mabe I'll try rebuild a few bridges to the past.

No comments: