Friday, September 12, 2008

The Friday Song : Friday I'm In Love By The Cure



For anyone who gets bone tired, as the week draws to a close, Friday is the day that lightens everybody's mood because that's the day when the clock strikes five, it's time to bolt out to the office for some much needed R&R. Whether it's drinking out with the group or just quietly listening to some cool tunes at home, when it's Friday, the weight of the world eases off your shoulders and all the bad things that happened during the week fades away. For me, I loved Fridays because it's was 24K time when I would load my cellphone and text my request and just sit back and wait as I listen to my favorite songs on my ipod. Just getting to hear my favorite oldies on the best day of week way enough to lift my spirits which is why The Cure's "Friday I'm In Love" is one of my favorite '90s song.

I can say that the song clearly describes a person mood as the week progresses. As much as we want to start the day right, Mondays always gets us down knowing that it's the start of a week's worth of grind and same goes for Tuesday is just an extension of Monday. Wednesday is usually the time where we feel a little eased up because it's the midpoint of the week. Thursdays makes us anxious because there's only one day left. When it's Friday and it's five in the afternoon, we all zoom out and let the good times roll.

Just like everyone else, I always look forward to Friday, but with the demise of 99.5rt and 24K, I fell that there's something missing. I feel that a link to my past was severed when rt went off the air. Although I've managed to collect most of my favorite 24K songs in CDs, I still miss the program when Friday comes along. I guess it's the thrill of listening to rare songs getting played on the airwaves after waiting patiently for it can be compared to a hunter bagging a prized game. I hoped that one 24K would come live in the airwaves again so that I can listen to my favorite songs and share them with my buddies on a Friday night.

No comments: