Sunday, September 14, 2008

Need For Solitude In The Seas: Cool Change By The Little River Band


In my past entries, I have blogged about the need to be alone and sometimes about having a dream about sailing in a boat just to find some peace of mind. With all the crazy developments hitting me left and right at the moment, I find myself once again wishing fo just that. It's like keeping up with fast assemblyline only to get overwhelmed by the speed and the workload. Feeling weary from all the demands of both work and home, right now I wish I can go on a sail boat and just cruise the seas just to grab some quality time and collect my thoughts . First I would do if I do get to be in a boat out on the sea is play the song "Cool Change" by The Little River Band and enjoy a "fat one".

The first thing that I feel when I hear this song is a sense of escape from all the pressures of everyday life followed by that of a sense of adventure now that I'm free for the moment to enjoy the trip. Knowing that there's nobody there to mess with you or having not to worry about what to finish before the end of the day for just a short period of time is something we all want when things get too much. With the big blue sea and the marine life to keep you company, I'd take that over prozac any old time of day. The difference is simply that it's a natural high apart from enjoying a "fat one".

Right now that is just wishful thinking as the weekends draws to a close and the daily grind is just around the corner. I just hope something better comes along one of these days that could help ease things a bit around here. Until then I better steel myself up for the demands of the week since a lot of changes has happened in work except for the fact that I do alot of the work. Maybe one day, I'll get the chance to do what I have just blogged here. It may not change things, but if I get the chance to do it, that would be cool.

No comments: