Friday, September 12, 2008

The Things That Unravel In Your Mind: Street Of Dreams By Rainbow



It's funny that what goes on inside your head when you're dreaming while your asleep. Some dreams are so good that just when things starts to go good, you suddenly wake up and realize that it wasn't real. Other times the dreams can be so scary that you're lucky if you wake up screaming. One such bad experience that I had was when I was dreaming that the room went black and the darkness started to envelop me, causing me to break out in a cold sweat. Bad or good, one thing I do know is that whenever the dream is intense, it's almost real and I have no control over what's happening to me which reminds me of Rainbow's song "Street Of Dreams".

When I listen to the song, it reminds of some of the intense dreams that I had during my life which I still can't shake to this day. One good dream I had that Iwish I could go back to was regarding the blog entry of the Outfield's "My Paradise" (Please refer to that entry) and a bad example is that one I mentioned in my first paragragh of this entry. The thing I hate about both good and bad dreams are that the good ones leaves me with a need to know what will happen next while the bad ones are hard to shake off, making me wonder if something bad will happen. Though the video of this song is kinda cheesy, it reminds of my experiences in my dream where either the landscape changes or I find myself using odd implements and meeting strange people. Either way, I have no choice but to play along until I wake up.

Some say dreams have messages while others believe that they foretell the future. In the later, I have to admit that there were some dreams that I had in the past that have an errie similarity to situations that I've been in during the present. When I realize those similarities, I hope the bad dreams would manifest itself to the letter because those dreams have left me apprehensive on what the future holds. I just hope that if I work harder, get lucky or both, the future won't be like my bad dreams because lately a lot of my dreams have never materialized and since then have turned to dust. I guess having a dream is one thing, but making it a reality is another.

No comments: