Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thinking About Good Old Days: When We Was Fab By George Harrison



Man, it's bad enough that not only am I getting older and things are harder, but good times are getting fewer. When they said that when your an adult, it's time to face reality and pull your weight, I never realize how tough it was gonna be until I was thrusted into it. Right now I find myself longing for the time when all that you think about was where you were gonna go and how much dough you had for beer and "greens" to enjoy with your buddies and brothers. More than the beer and the "greens", what I missed most was the times we shared and the laughter which filled the night to the break of day. When I think of the good times I shared with friends and brothers, it reminds me of the song "When We Was Fab" by George Harrison.

This was cool song where Harrison remembers the glory days of the Beatles or "Fab Four" when they were on top of the world. It remind me of the times when my friends and brothers did a lot of great things together and gimick money and materials were our only worry. It was back in 1982 when things really got wild and we always did them together. Whether it was at home, at a friend's house or at a bar, there was always something worth doing and we did it to the limit. Man I thought the good times would never end.

Well, like I said earlier when reality sets in, you find yourself with deadlines and assignments to think about instead. Getting quality sleep is the best thing that you could hope for and praying that nothing bad happens is a thought that is imprinted on your head day in and day out. Still, those good times shared with good people always warms me at the end of the day. Starting the day and ending the day with no hassles is good enough for me. Maybe when things finally calms down and everything is right, once in a while those days will come to life again.

No comments: