Monday, September 15, 2008

Sad Song At A Sad Time: Blue Kiss By Jane Wiedlin


After a thoroughly wretched day, I finally make it back home and this is just Monday. It's a reminder that just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, they do. In some of my past entries, I talked about how my life always goes around a certain cycle and there comes a point where I find myself at a bad phase and I've got a bad feeling the phase is starting again. Right now, the thought of it is making me relive all those other bad phases which I definitely don't want to go through again. In was in one of those bad phases, where my entire year was ruined that this song called "Blue Kiss" by Jane Wiedlin became a hit.

The year at that time started out pretty good. I felt that everything was coming into place and that's what I wanted because this particular year was very important for me and if there was a time when I didn't want anything bad to happen, it was during that particular period of my life. Then low and behold, everything just started falling apart as everything that I wanted to come true crumbled to dust and I went from sky high to splat on the hard stone floor. Needless to say, what began as great year, ended in bitterness and near failure where the only consolation was that I was able to retrieve some of my dreams but the others were not so fortunate.

There were other times in my life when the bad phases took place, but that year's memory really hurt because there were alot of things that I wanted to accomplish and I was left with a cup full of sand. Another there are good times and bad times in life but lately there's too much of the bad and too little of the good and it's not just me. Well what's done is done and it's all water under the bridge cause no matter what I do, it's all in the past. I guess the fact that I'm still here and functional is something that I should be thankful for. In some way, it showed that I was able to live throught it and I hope that I can prevent this phase from happening again because I don't want another bad memory.

No comments: