Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When The Worst Has Passed: After The Rain By Nelson


Sometimes when I look back at the bad cycles of my life, I often breathe a sigh of relief that those terrible times were over. Yet even though I was able to make through, there are times I'm still haunted by those sorrowful days that I thought would never end. I can understand survivors of concentration camps and prisons who made it out but are still trying cope with the experiences that they went through. Be that as it may, I'm always remember the old saying "Tough times don't last, tough people do" as well as Henry Bergson's "Shipwreck Theory" which taught me that the bad times will come to an end and things will be okay again. These are the lessons that I always remember when I listen to Nelson's "After The Rain".

I remember during those dark days when things weren't changing and erybody was on my case because of my inability to remedy my bitter situation. Every word that came out of everyone's mouth was like a stone that smashed into my body or a knife that cut me up. The worst part about it is that I had no choice but to swallow every word because the bottom line was that I failed to deliver. Even though they were just concerned and I understood that, it nevertheless hurt like hell, yet I kept on trying because I didn't want to give in to the pressure. Despite all the pain brought by those terrible cycles, I managed to live through it and yes enjoy some good times in my life.

Presently, I always remember this lesson because there will come a time when things go bad again. When that time comes, I hope I'll be smarter and a little tougher to deal with it. I also know that there are some stubborn habits that I have to break if I really want to change things for the better. I now know that there will always bad times and good times in life and that I have to be ready to deal with both. I should always remember when the rains stops, then the sun will shine and shine brightly it will.

No comments: