Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Song For Governor Palin: Barracuda By Heart


With the all the courruption in local politics, especially during election time, I'm not at all excited as to who will win. In the U.S. Presidential Campaign, it's a different story and with this election history is about to be made. If the Democrats made history by selecting Barack Obama as their candidate, the Republicans made history by a woman run as their candidate for Vice President and that woman is Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin. In the Republican Convention, she gave a speech that showed that she was indeed a person with substance who in her debut in the public stage blasted away her opponents and inspired her party. People like that are a rare breed and I now understand why John McCain chose instead of the usual candidates. I guess this is the reason why I chose the song "Barracuda" by Heart for today's entry.

I've been a fan of Ann and Nancy Wilson since I was a boy and I always songs which I thank 24K for playing every friday. Their early songs were cool and this was one of the best that they came out with in the 70's. In became a signiture song for Palin when it was revealed that her nickname was "Sarah Barracuda" when she played basketball in high school. When I saw her speak on T.V., he knew she from different from the other candidates because she was more down to earth and at the same time she didn't kow-tow to the media who ARE BIASED in favor of the Democrats. To be fair, it's not the Democrats fault because Obama is young and is new face, but now so is Palin which helpds narrow the race even more.

Though Palin impressed me alot, she still has a lot to prove, especially now that the campaign's in full swing and unemployment has increased. But if she is able to display that same substance she projected during the Republican Convention, I know she will make a good Vice President. I think she would even make a fine President. I hope I don't get any hate comments because of this. Although I side with the Republicans, I nevertheless, respect the Democrats and I may the best party win this November. As for those who are outraged that this song was played in the Republican Convention, remember it's still a good song no matter who listens to it because it has stood the test of time.

No comments: