Saturday, September 20, 2008

Make Sure You Deliver: Hey You By BTO


As there are only four months before the year ends, In the U.S., the Presidential Elections are just around the corner. With both sides locked in an intense battle to win the presidency, the race is now neck and neck. Both sides promise changes for the good of their country and each has criticized the other on just what type of change is need and how to carry it out. With the race heating up, I just hope that whoever gets elected fulfills the promises he made to his constituents, especially now that so many problems have been troubling America. Making good promises is one thing, but making them a reality is another and this reminds me of the song "Hey You" by Bachman Turner Overdrive (BTO).

I must thank "Chris The Bliss" for giving us this tape which was always played during our beer and leaf binges. But going back to the November elections, both candidates are now pulling out all the stops to get the American Public to vote for them. With the many problems that the U.S. has at present, they are looking for change because the last eight years have taken it's toll on them from 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq, terrorism to oil prices and now the economic crisis. Although I know who I'm rooting for, there's part of me wondering if who really wins can truly deliver the promise he made during the campaign period. I just hope that they are sincere about their objectives and more importantly, that they can pull it off.

I remember what Sting said when he was confronted by Vinnie James in the movie "Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels" about choosing his words carefully which was my favorite scene. I mention this because both candidates and their partners need be realistic rather give off fantastic solutions that don't cut it when it's time to put them to practice. I do hope the winner is just as careful about what he promised during the campaign because winning it is one thing but doing a good job by fulfilling promises is different matter. Once again, I thank Chris The Bliss for this very cool song. From day one, it's still one of my favorites.

No comments: