Friday, November 16, 2012

Times When I Just Want To Get Away From It All: Everybody's Talking At Me By John Nilsson



Ever had those times when people can just irritating?  This is especially true when find yourself down in the dumps or when you're an easy target because of what happened to you in the past.  They give their two-bits worth like throwing it in your face as if they're standing in some balcony of a cathedral.  Times like that you just want to get up and go far away from it all.  I got that idea listening to Harry Nilsson's song "Everybody's Talking At Me".

I remember hearing this from the movie "Midnight Cowboy".  Just like all my 24K songs, I liked it the moment I heard it.  Anyway I play this song when I just had an ear full from all those two-bits as if people know what they're talking about when they don't know jack-you-know-what.  Afterwards, I take a short walk just to clear my head or simply get away from it all. There are times when we need to do that, especially when we got too many things on our minds.

Sadly, you can only do this momentarily.  Do it all the time and you're just running away from it all.  That would just add up to what's bothering you know.  So if you need some time out, this is a good song to listen to but when you feel better, get back to the fray. That way you need not get away anymore.


No comments: