Saturday, November 17, 2012

Just To Get Away From It All: Down To The Waterline By Dire Straits



Right now I'm using my imagination.  I imagine staring at a road with large muscle car besides me.  I wear my shades and look at the sun as it color grows red while it starts to set marking the day's end.  I get into that muscle car and turn on the keys and step on the gas, driving into the sunset.  While I'm imagining all this, I am  listening to the song "Down To The Waterline" by Dire Straits.

In my imagination, I drive as fast as I could. I'm worried since I gotta full tank of gas as I speed on down the highway.  Places and people flash by me as I continue my drive and night as come.  As I make to the city and the neon lights brighten the night, I take it easy and ease off the gas.  After driving as far as I could and doing all that I want to do, I head on home and call it a night.  Then I open my eyes and here I am back to reality.

Well the first two paragraphs shows how I have a need to get away from it all, especially when things get crazy.  Unfortunately in the real life, I don't have such a car.  A lot of times, I wind up wrap around the madness whether I like it or not.  Oh well, that imagination combined with this song is the next best thing.  Maybe one day if God permits, I'd be able to do that for real.



No comments: