Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Swinging And Being At Peace: Iduyan Mo By Basil Valdez



Back when I was young, I remember one of the things that I looked forward to during the summer vacations was when my parents would buy a large hammock. We'd tie to a tree at one end and to post on another.  Once it was set up we would all climb and on board and swing as high as we can.  We'd swing so high, we thought we were flying.  It was one of the fun things that we did when we were kids.  Remembering that hammock and all the fun we had with it reminds of the song "Iduyan Mo" by Basil Valdez.

When I remember that hammock, there were also times when I'd just lie there the whole day and do nothing.  Still, it was relaxing and all I could see was the sun shining down on our garden while the mango trees gave me some shade.  During that state, I felt that time stood still.  If I had my way, I'd stay like forever.  I never more at peace while lying down that hammock.

Nowadays, there's no good place to relax.  The next best thing is a lunch break nap at the office and it's so hard to get some snooze time when your sitting on a chair and putting pressure on your arms with your head. The hard part is waking up with your arms numb due to the weight of your head.  All I have left is the memory of that hammock.  It was in those times when I was swinging and being at peace that I really miss most.




No comments: